Search This Blog

Saturday, October 17, 2020

St. Ignatius of Antioch

 I am not going to talk about Ignatius of Antioch today, although he is one of my favorites and I really enjoyed teaching him; today I was struck by the Responsorial Psalm in the Mass and I am going to copy it here for us to reflect on today.

Responsorial Psalm: "You have given your Son rule over the works of your hands."

O Lord, our Lord, how glorious is your name over all the earth!

You have exalted your majesty above the heavens. Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings

you have fashioned praise because of your foes.

When I behold the heavens, the work of your fingers,

the moon and the stars which you set in place--

What is man that you should be mindful of him, 

or the son of man that you should care for him?

You have made him little less than the angels, and crowned him with glory and honor.

You have given him rule over the works of your hands, putting all things under his feet."



No comments: