Search This Blog

Friday, October 16, 2020

Today is our 18th day of strict quarantine

 The days are disappearing quickly, but I feel that we have all slowed down during this time of isolation. I am now used to paper plates, cardboard trays, plastic forks, etc. The food comes on a cart but the CNA leaves it outside while she puts on all the safety gear that is required to enter Westwood; fortunately we are having warm weather and so the food arrives warm. We are just so fortunate that no one else seems to have tested positive, but we have not heard about this week's tests.

My Seniors have told me about younger people who have had virus and lost their sense of both smell and taste.

I have this prayer of St. Philippine Duchesne propped up on my desk so I pray it often, but really have never memorized it. Maybe today I will do that!

"I am where God wills me to be, and so I have found rest and security.

Go's wisdom governs me, God's power defends me, God's joy sustains me,

And all will go well with me."

I say the last line a bit differently: And all is and will go well with me!




No comments: