Search This Blog

Sunday, October 11, 2020

Twenty-eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time

 In today's Collect we ask "May your grace, O Lord we pray, at all times go before us and follow after and make us always determined to carry our good works.

The First Reading is from the Book of the Prophet Isaiah, 25:6-10 and is a very consoling one. In it, the Prophet tells us that the Lord God will wipe away the tears from every face...and then at the end "This is the Lord for whom we looked; let us rejoice and be glad that He has saved us."

We need to rejoice and be glad, but the news does not seem to help. However, one of the community is having a birthday celebration of 100 years today! She is a dear and has a great sense of humor. I am sorry I am not going to be able to celebrate with her in person, but I hear that they are going to decorate her window and room. Tomorrow we complete two weeks of this strict quarantine, but have two more weeks still, I think. They said it had to be 28 days but we were tested last week and will be tested again next week so maybe if all of us are negative and all the present staff, maybe it could be a few days less. I guess it depends on how long it takes for us to get the test results. We were tested on Tuesday and still have not heard, but I have not yet received the "Lockdown Daily News" which is a great invention and for the weekend will have a crossword puzzle.

To return to the Mass, the Responsorial Psalm is, "I shall live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life." The verses are from Psalm 23, one of my very favorite psalms.

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. In verdant pastures he gives me repose; besides restful waters he leads me; he refreshes my soul....."

The Second Reading is from Paul's Letter to the Philippians 4:12-14, 19-20 and has this consoling verse: "My God will fully supply whatever you need, in accord with his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."

The


Gospel i
s from Matthew 22: 1-14 where Jesus again tells us a parable of a king who gave a wedding feast for his son, but when he sent his servants to summon the invited guests, they refused to come. You can read it for yourself, but how often to we refuse to respond to the invitations of the Lord?


No comments: