Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2022

Fourth Sunday of Easter


 The Collect for today's Liturgy" "Almighty ever-living God, led us to a share in the joys of heaven, so that the humble flock may reach where the brave Shepherd has gone before. Who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God, for ever and ever."

The first reading is from the Acts of the Apostles 13:14, 43-52

Responsorial Psalm 100 - "We are his people, the sheep of his flock."

Second Reading is from the Book of Revelation 7:9, 14b-17

"For the Lamb who is in the center of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to springs of life-giving water, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."

Gospel is John 10:27-30

"Jesus said, "My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish. No one can take them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can take them out of the Father's hand. The Father and I are one."

We used to have "Good Shepherd Sunday" right after Easter. The readings are very consoling and I love the image of the Good Shepherd who cares for his sheep.

No comments: