Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Sharing a Guided Imagery

 Last Wednesday morning and today I was on a zoom with a group for first taking time to have a Guided Imagery experience and then to deepen it during the week and share it today. We had members of the GIM team with us and it is always a deep and rich experience. I am going to try to share mine with you today. I was in Yosemite sitting alone in front of two waterfalls. I am in the middle canvas armchair and my two companions have each gone off to explore. Jesus comes and sits down beside me. I think I begin telling Jesus all the concerns I have: the war, the plight of refugees, the migrant workers, the number of abortions and suicides, the draught in California, etc. Jesus tells me that those are His concerns also; I do not need to spell them all out. He has them all in His Heart. He wants me just to sit in silence with Him and be aware of God's love. The powerful waterfall in front of me reminds me of God's love pouring forth - tons of water and tons of love coming down to be carried by the river....I think I heard the words, "Remain in my love" and it was a very moving experience. 

Sorry that I cannot get my pictures into this blog yet. And I am late posting today!

No comments: