Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Wonderful Week



I cannot begin to write about the beauty of Yosemite, but I can try to tell you what a gift this past week has been for me. First, I had three days of retreat on the ocean, a gift from my Spirituality Group last Christmas; then, I returned to Oakwood for one night and took off on Friday afternoon for the five- hour drive to Yosemite National Park. It is something I have been wanting to see and it turned out to be on our Life Enrichment Director's "bucket list" and so she suggested that we go some weekend. She made the reservations in February, so we were in a lodge with a room on the first floor that had a porch right next to the river that flowed over large boulders and the weather was so perfect that we could eat breakfast out there and even had supper there on Saturday night. All of Saturday was spent exploring Yosemite. The other Life Enrichment person who is also our driver had asked to come with us and she did all the driving and both treated me with such care. They actually carried canvas folding chairs so we could sit facing two waterfalls while we ate our lunch. Tons of water keep flowing from the rocks. It is really impressive. Well, that gives you some idea of the graces of the past week. I think my days of prayer on the ocean prepared me for the deep sense of God with us all weekend. I am just full of gratitude.

No comments: