Search This Blog

Thursday, May 26, 2022

St. Madeleine Sophie's Daily Prayer

I found this in my mailbox on Sophie's feast yesterday and it is one of my favorite prayers so I am copying it here for you. I suspect that I may have put this in a blog years ago, but here it is:

Sacred Heart of Jesus
Give me a heart that is one with your own;
A humble heart that knows and loves its nothingness;
A gentle heart that holds and calms its own anxiety;
A loving heart that has compassion for the suffering of others;
A pure heart that recoils even at the appearance of evil;
A detached heart that longs for nothing other than the goodness of heaven;
A heart detached from self-love and embraced by the love of God, 
Its attention focused on God, its goodness the only treasure in time and eternity.


No comments: