Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Gratitude for 91 years of life


 I have so much to be grateful for during these 91 years! First of all, I am grateful that I was born into a wonderful, loving, Catholic family. No one could have had more loving parents and relatives than I have had. unless they were from really large families. Growing up, I had my Dad's mother and his five sisters all living in St. Louis and all showing up every Sunday for dinner at my Grandmother's until the Second World War made that impossible. Then, I had my maternal Grandfather and great uncles and aunts, all in St. Louis. All surrounded me with love and I am so grateful.

Then, I am grateful for some wonderful years at four different schools before I entered the Society of the Sacred Heart just after my 19th birthday. If I begin to name all the Religious of the Sacred Heart that have influenced me, I will not have room for some of the experiences that I am most grateful to have had. I guess the grace of a missionary vocation and twenty years in Chile must be one of the most varied times of my life. I just want to spend time thanking for the many graces I have been given during all the years of my life! Thank you, God!

No comments: