Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2022

Put your trust in the Lord


 One year when I was a young Sister teaching first grade at Clifton, the theme for the year was the little hymn, "Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, I trust in Thee; most Sacred Heart of Jesus, I believe in Thy Love for me; Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, may Thy Kingdom come!"

Well, we concentrated the first semester on placing our trust in the Heart of Jesus. I had the entire primary school convinced that if they trusted in the Heart of Jesus, He would take care of whatever they were asking or needed. We even found a diamond ring that had been lost in the snow!

It was a wonderful lesson for me and I have always been able to place my trust in the Heart of Jesus. All this is leading up to a quote from Mother Stuart for today's reflection.

"After all nothing matters except that you should be united with God in living trust and conformity of will. He can only do what is best for every one of us. So we will trust Him in everything from the greatest to the least."

No comments: