Search This Blog

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Walking with Jesus

For some reason I am unable to insert a picture this morning. I am reflecting on the two disciples who left Jerusalem so discouraged and were walking back to Emmaus. Jesus joins them and walks with them and they do not recognize him! How often does Jesus come to me through another person who wants to walk with me and draws me into conversation. The two disciples felt better after telling Jesus why they were sad and disheartened; Jesus listened and then took time to explain the Scriptures to them to show them that what had happened had to be and, as they later acknowledged, in listening to Jesus their hearts were burning...they invite Jesus to stay with them as the day is far spent. I, too, want to invite Jesus to stay with me. They recognized Jesus at table when he blessed and broke the bread. I am so fortunate to be able to receive Jesus in the Eucharist. I need to ask him for more faith so that I will be able to recognize how he is always walking with me.

No comments: