Search This Blog

Monday, September 3, 2012

We heard last night that one of our community with whom I have lived for about twenty-five years died in Bogota so I ask prayers for her. Her name was Ines and I went to Colombia to visit her in June just after an operation that was so serious that I was not sure she would live, but she actually was able to leave the hospital but was in the infirmary of our retirement community where she had been helping care for others. I am glad she did not linger. She was ten years younger than I am and always cheerful and very holy. We have also had three deaths in our California retirement home and it makes me realize that death is just going home to God. Still, each death gives me much to reflect on and hopefully will help me live ready to meet God. I am praying for Ines but also praying to her!

No comments: