Search This Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Who do you say that I am?

Today's Sunday Gospel does have some connection with this picture as I find it hard to describe the mist covered bridge that seems to exist between these mountains. I guess it is also hard to answer the question that Jesus asks us in today's Gospel, "Who do you say that I am?" He is my all so there are many words to use: Beloved, Friend, Spouse, my God, my companion, consoler, savior, etc. He is all of this; Peter was inspired to say, "You are the Christ" which took great faith. We know that Jesus rose from the dead, but Peter only hears that Jesus is trying to tell them about the suffering and terrible death that comes before Jesus will rise again. I guess we all need to pray over this Gospel often and to hear again the words, "Follow me."
Here is a link for daily prayer that you may want to mark for yourselves: http://www.pray-as-you-go.org/



No comments: