Search This Blog

Friday, July 4, 2014

Five Days Without Phones, Computers, TV...



My house has really been quiet this week. One of my community is in retreat, another left for vacation, and the two of us at home are quiet without TV, without phones, and without access to the internet. We are waiting for ATT to solve our problems but I am not happy with the fact that it has been five days and no one knows that we are without a means of communicating with them - of course, although the 8 phones in this house are not working, their are our I-phones but I only text on mine and seldom give anyone the number so I have not really used mine all week, It is almost as if we are all in retreat and very nice to have such quiet all day.
Today is the 4th of July and I have just been praying for our country and for the whole political situation; we need to have our politicians think about the common good and stop the dishonesty. I lost track in Florida of how many mayors and other elected officials and police chiefs have been caught in tricky situations, some real fraud and others just cover ups for deals that were not honest and so we are not feeling that we can trust the very people who are in charge of our local government. Well, God can take care of all of this so I am just going to let Him but keep praying that He does do something soon to help our country.

No comments: