Search This Blog

Saturday, July 12, 2014

"Life Unfolding..."




The name of the new formation booklet for the Society of the Sacred Heart is "Life unfolding...Offering the Gift Received"; the entire Society is praying over it this year and all of us are still in formation as formation and ministry are for life. There are two quotes on the title page:
 "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."(Jn 10:10) and
"It is always here and it is always now. All our raw material for sanctity is in the now, just as it is." (Janet Stuart)  Both are worth reflecting on today.

Do I really believe both quotes? If so, they influence my whole outlook and lead to deep joy.

The flower arrangement above also speaks to me of joy! For some reason it also reminds me of the spiritual bouquets we used to offer as a special gift to one we loved. I have not thought of this for years but have the desire to offer a spiritual bouquet to several who are now in heaven; maybe this inspiration will help me get back to writing that book that I put on hold and keep getting strong nudges to get back to it.

No comments: