Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Each of us is Unique1



God made each of us and so each of us is very precious in His sight; we are created for a purpose and each must be the one to give God glory and praise for being who we are - unique and therefore precious. Brother David Steindal-Rast says that "there never was and never will be anyone exactly like me. If I fail to experience God in my own unique way, that experience will forever remain in the shadow of possibility. But if I do, I will know life by the divine life within me." He is saying that each of us is a human being and each human being is a special kind of mystic.

God touches each of us in different ways. The essential is to be aware of His Presence no matter how He chooses to reveal Himself to us. Often it will be through others: a friendly smile, a word of encouragement, a pat on the back, maybe just an e-mail but we are aware that God has touched us in some mysterious way. Let us rejoice and thank God for the many ways He tries to get our attention each day.

As we begin this month of July, let us look for the "God moments" of each day and thank Him for making us aware of His Presence.

No comments: