Search This Blog

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sunday's Invitation

Every Sunday the Liturgy has a special message for each of us. Sometimes we need to ask ourselves what we are to take away from the Sunday reading and pray over and try to live during the week. Sometimes we are almost hit over the head with a phrase from one of the readings, but other times we need to be attentive to what the Holy Spirit wants each of us to ponder and use in our own transformation as I am convinced that the Sunday readings do have the power to transform us when we live them.

This Sunday we meet again the same Gospel for the Feast of the Sacred Heart this year and Jesus says to each of us: "Come to Me...
come and learn of Me that I am meek and gentle of heart."

Jesus asks us to come to Him just as we are. His Heart is open for us and He loves us and wants us to be happy. Let us trust Him and stay with Him this week, hearing again His words: "Come to Me all you who labor and are burdened...and I will give You rest." Let us rest in His Heart today.

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Yours!

"Come to My Heart and find all that you need, even if it is what I have asked of you." That quote is from Jesus to Sister Josefa and one of my favorites!

No comments: