Search This Blog

Saturday, August 24, 2019

Being grateful...

Last night I was invited out to dinner to a lovely home and a delicious dinner. The married couple impressed me deeply and I loved the great granddaughter of four months. I miss babies!

I have been thinking about how grateful I am that I was old enough to hold and help take care of my baby brothers. In fact, I am just grateful for all that I have lived for the past 88 years. I think I need to concentrate on gratitude and hope for the future as the news is depressing. We are all called to be artisans of hope. I read that a group of businessmen were not looking too happy as they came into work on a Monday morning. The elevator boy greeted each with a big smile and said, "What a fine day it is!" One of them asked him what he thought was so fine about the day. "Oh, he said,  "I aint never lived this day before."  
Have a good Saturday and remember there is always something to be grateful for and a smile goes a long way to cheering up others.                                                                  

No comments: