Search This Blog

Monday, August 5, 2019

seeking God



Someone gave me a lovely poem called "Seeking God" but she does not know the author or where she got it. I am going to be sharing it with you this week as I like it and think my readers will, too. 
Seeking God
You want to seek God with all your life,
and love Him with all your heart.

But you would be wrong
if you thought you could reach Him.
Your arms are too short, your eyes are too dim,
Your heart and understanding too small.

to seek God
means first of all
to let yourself be found by Him.
He is the God of Avraham, Isaac and Jacob.
He is the God of Jesus Christ.
He is your God
not because He is yours
but because you are His.

To be continued on Wednesday; tomorrow is the Feast of the Transfiguration and one that I love.

No comments: