Search This Blog

Thursday, May 10, 2007

My Joy In You


Jesus tells us that he loves us as the Father loves him; he asks us again in today's Gospel to remain in his love. Then he says: "I have told you this so that my joy might be in you and your joy might be complete."

As long as I remain in his love I have his joy and that is what makes my own joy complete!

I read that "peace is joy at rest, and joy is peace on its feet."

May we desire joy, live in joy, radiate joy, be the cause of joy, spread joy, and may Jesus be our real joy today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Today's reflection raises again the paradox of God's joy in the acceptance of his love by one soul and God's sadness at the violence in the world today. I found myself wondering as I reflected on the joy I sometimes feel in the presence of his love and how hard sometimes it is to get in touch with that in these times of death and violence and hypocrisy.It can be difficult to find the peace that begets joy in the midst of the turmoil that surrounds us.The first reading reminds me hat we are not the only ones to struggle with prejudice, bigotry and hypocrisy. This quiet time each morning helps me to find the peace and these reflections help me to focus on what is truly real in my life - for awhile anyway.