Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Be still....

"Be still and know that I am God" is one of my favorite lines from Psalm 46 but how hard it is to stay still, to be calm and serene when one starts thinking of all that needs to be done. I let myself forget that I do have all the time there is and that what is really important will get done if I am peaceful and prioritize the tasks. Having said this, you will realize that I have planned too much for today and so need to get started - and I am very late getting started today as I read the paper and cleaned up the kitchen when I should have been grocery shopping. Now I will just go to the gym and try to accomplish all that I think needs to be done today in the afternoon. Hopefully, I will stay "still" deep inside and let God decide on the importance of my "to do" list. I am sure my readers often feel the same pressure but it does not help to feel stress - remember that each of us has all the time there is!

1 comment:

Alex Tang said...

good reminder. Be still....