Search This Blog

Friday, April 26, 2013

"Do not let your hearts be troubled..."

Today's Gospel begins with Jesus telling us, "Do not let your hearts be troubled." He goes on to tell us today as he told his disciples: "You have faith in God; have faith also in me.... What does it mean in my own daily life to have faith in Jesus? I think he wants me to turn to him no matter what happens and to trust him. I think I often hear him tell me not to let my heart be troubled.
Before the end of the Gospel, after Jesus tells the disciples that he is going away but will come back again and take them to himself so that they may be with him and adds, "Where I am going you know the way."
Thomas immediately asks how can they know the way as they do not know where he is going. Then Jesus tells him, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Jesus is still calling us to follow him and he is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Thomas A Kempishas Jesus say that without the Way there is no going; without the truth, there is no knowing; without the life, there is no living. "I am the Way you must follow, the Truth which you must believe, the Life for which you must hope.

No comments: