Search This Blog

Monday, June 17, 2013

How do we encounter Jesus?

How do you encounter Jesus? This is a question I ask those who come for spiritual direction and I think there are many answers as we are all unique individuals. However, today I want to share what I think I have been drawn to reflect on - it is the last sentence in the Preface of Jose Pagola's book, Jesus: An Historical Approximation. I am reading this book again and still stopping to pray with it.

"We begin to encounter Jesus when we begin to trust God as he did, when we believe in love as he did, when we come to suffering people as he did, when we confront life and death with hope as he did, when we pass on the contagion of the Good News as he did."

I hope all my friends will read this book You will encounter Jesus in many ways.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

On your recommendation, I bought this book, and enjoyed reading it; but when I mentioned it to a nun friend of mine, she was hotrrified, saying that it contained spurious scholarship and was not approved by the Australian Bishops.
It's so hard to know what to choose, from all the available literature!