Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Who is Jesus for Christians today?

"Jesus is the key, the foundation and the source of all we are, we say and we do." This quote if from "Following in the Footsteps of Jesus: Meditations on the Gospels for Year C" by Pagola. He says that we need to keep hearing Jesus ask us, "Who do you say that I am?" I was thinking how I answer that question and I know that Jesus is my Spouse, my Savior, my Friend, and my Lord and God.
Pagola asks, "But does Jesus truly occupy the center of our lives? Does he hold the absolute first place in our communities? Do we place him above everything and everyone? Do we belong to Jesus? Is he the one who animates and inspires us?"
These are questions that we need to reflect on during this last week of June. I chose the picture of Jesus with the children as I read in our Sunday paper about the number of Catholic schools being closed in New York and other places. I know that the schools have been an expense, but I hate to see them closed as so many have taught children to know and love Jesus and try to live and love as Jesus did.

No comments: