Search This Blog

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Our internationality is such a gift!

The Society of the Sacred Heart is world-wide and I actually feel part of the mission we have in over 43 countries.This week, without leaving home, I am experiencing our internationality in several ways: we heard that one of the Canadians will be living with my community next year and, as of July 8, we will be one Province called the United States-Canadian Province. I welcome this. We also had one of our Colombian nuns here for dinner the same night we welcomed one from Japan. Tonight, another community member who is usually in Rome working with our young nuns before their final profession, is arriving because her brother is very ill. Please pray for him. She has just returned from a month in Korea and then is to go to India later in July as we have young sisters in formation in both these countries. Anyway, I can just be here in Miami and find news from my sisters from all over the world. One from California came yesterday.
Now, this is the last day of June so I want to end with a prayer that is powerful but I forget to say it myself so now have a card stuck in the mirror to remind me:

Soul of Christ, sanctify me,
Body of Christ, save me,
Blood of Christ, inebriate me,
Water from the side of Christ, wash me,
Passion of Christ, strengthen me,
O good Jesus, hear me,
Within thy wounds, hide me,
Suffer me not to be separated from thee,
From the malicious enemy, defend me,
In the hour of my death, call me
and bid me come unto thee,
that with thy saints I may praise thee
for ever and ever. Amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Sr. Helen,
Once again I am convinced and convicted that I move along in the spiritual life because of Mother Stuarts Divinely ordained assistance.

Her way with me seems to be true to character with her prior life here on earth , however ,now, she has an incredible" back up system",
ALL OF HEAVEN.

My brother recently died 4 months ago and along with my mom,dad and several others whom I have nursed , prayed with, sung to and gave spiritual and emotional support to ,along with their caregivers..and even cooked for; when it is time for revelation, it comes loud and clear bringing such peace...

Sr Helen please send a note when you can....I would love to hear from you.

Also please offer a prayer for me I have borne much loss in the past 8 months .....besides the loss of loved ones......loss of job, the struggle to accept my disabilities and start to take better care of myself,and loss of financial security have also been added to the list.

The other day a bluebird was perched on my path and here, I believe ,is it's message .
Bluebird:
Bluebird is about your happiness within and without. He signifies a contentment and fulfillment that is happening or is about to happen. Bluebird shows how to find those joyful gems in everyday life with an appreciation anew. He teaches a balance of work and play and reminds us to reinstate the fun back into life. Listen to the song of Bluebird in order to sing your own of joy with an awakened confidence and internal peace. It is time to look for chances to touch joy in your life. Dance and sing with every step, Bluebird will show you the way.

JUST what Mother Stuart 's message is........!

Blessings!

Bridget Robinson