Search This Blog

Friday, September 2, 2022

First Friday


 I seem to have published two blogs on August 31 so I hope you will go back and read the one titled a New Venture. 

On the other hand, I am happy to be writing for the First Friday of September. I think that every First Friday makes me think of the processions into the Chapel with banner and red sashes and, in Chile, I even taught the school to sing "When the battle rages fiercest..." - a hymn I only discovered when I entered at Kenwood. Now, First Friday is a call to me to review the month. I am delighted to know that some of the students I have had still are keeping a journal. It helps me to review my month when I have been faithful to write something each day in my journal.

I love the quote from St. Philippine Duchesne that I keep in fron of me:

"I am where God wills me to be, and so I have found rest and security. God's wisdom governs me, God's power defends me, God's joy sustains me, and all will go well with me."

No comments: