Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

This is a busy week

 


I am retired but this week is full of extras and we are preparing for our Open House on Sunday. I began my Bible Group in Mountain View this week and arrived home in time to make the Book Club; today I have a dentist appointment and tomorrow a doctor's appointment - both just routine after three months, I think or four months. I see my student on Friday and our Provincial and two of the Provincial Team will be here for the Open House. We will be showing off our new reception area, the two new parlors, a large office and a small room for the copy machine and supplies and then our visitors will go to see our history displayed in the Fireside Room where we also have our spiritual library. I hope they visit the Chapel before or after that and then a lovely stroll through our patio, past Westwood, where I live, and into the Gathering Room to see a slide show of all the present members of Oakwood and some of our activities. From there, guests may go to the Rosewood library where we will have an art display. They are invited to Deming Court on the other side of our dining room for some refreshment before they leave.  Now, you know what our Open House is planned to be this coming Sunday from 1:00 to 3:00. It is really celebrating our 51+ years of existence as Covid kept us postponing it. I think we will enjoy it and I must remember to take a few pictures.

I do have a quote from Mother Stuart and suspect it is one that I have used but worth repeating:

"You begin every day just where you are, no matter where. It is always here and always now."

I think that is an encouraging quote as we can always start from the present moment and God is always with us in the present moment!

No comments: