Search This Blog

Friday, September 9, 2022

Joy


 Mother Stuart says that "joy is the most heavenly atmosphere found on earth - we ought to cultivate it as a duty always." Now, what are we doing to cultivate joy?

I think joy is rather spontaneous, but I am the one who keeps asking for a comedy on Saturday afternoon. Usually, I only go to the movies on Saturday, but we have them almost everyday!

Anything that makes us relax, laugh, and see the good gives us joy. However, there is a spiritual joy that comes as a gift. I think we can prepare for it by seeing how God is constantly giving us gifts, taking care of us in extraordinary ways, wanting us to experience His joy. I think gratitude for everything also gives us joy. Maybe you have your own list of joys; I used to keep a list and maybe it would be good to make a new one full of present joys. It will help these days when it is really hot for California.

No comments: