Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2022

Weeding the garden of our minds


 Since I have had a busy week, I am sharing some guidance here from another source I read that speaks of weeding our gardens so only the good flowers are left. We must also weed our minds of all the bad thoughts - there are different kinds of weed in our minds: unkind thoughts, angry thoughts, critical thoughts, selfish thoughts, jealous thoughts, etc. So today, examine the garden of your mind and do some weeding out to prepare for the Sunday Liturgy. It is good to take time to examine our thoughts and do some real weeding out, and prune what may need our attention.

I find I have some thoughts that I need to discern what to do with them. They are good thoughts, but may be thoughts that need not be expressed yet, or only to one with authority to examine them. I guess I want to reform things that I really have no control over and these thoughts may be a kind of weed. They may also be a seed that is not yet able to see the light but is still dormant below the surface.

We have prayed for rain and need it desperately. Now, finally, we have a prediction of 90% rain for Sunday, the day of our open house. I think we will pray that it pours early and late, but not between 1:00 and 3:00! Still, I think it will be safer to plan the refreshments inside as the patio may be wet. Rain will be such a blessing as California needs it so badly!



No comments: