Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Joy is the song of the spirit


 Mother Stuart said that "joy is the song of the spirit under the pressure of happiness." She also said that the "most blessed thing is to be an active element of joy." I hope I am that as I really find that I have a special calling withing our charism and it is to give joy to Jesus and to others. I may not always do this well, but I feel that God has called me to live in joy, even when things look gloomy. Every cloud has a silver lining. 

Here is a quote from St. Vincent de Paul that I love and have framed: "If God is the center of your life, no words are necessary. Your mere presence will touch hearts." I am sure I must have shared this quote before, but it comes to mind now as I think joy fills us when we keep God as the center of our lives!

No comments: