Search This Blog

Saturday, September 24, 2022

Saturday at Oakwood


 Since we are a retirement community, you would think that every day would be much of the same. Not so at Oakwood. I suspect that each day is different because of the different activities scheduled for each day. I am usually not one to participate because I am busy with other things, but Saturday is the end of the week and seems to be a special day that begins with a breakfast of eggs benedict, hash browns, and bacon plus my piece of raisin bread toast and melon. Then, the morning is free and I usually go to the 2:00 movie. It is just a quiet day, but somehow it is always connected with Our Lady. 

I am reading again lives of RSCJ that I have known and loved. It is good to remember how they influenced me in so many ways. Of course, we do not write the lives of most, but usually only those who have been connected with our Central Government. However, two of those I lived with in Miami in community, another I grew to love in Rome and kept up through letters with her when I was in Chile, and it is good to go back over their lives and see how faithful they were to whatever the Lord asked.

I guess I need to go back to find a quote from Mother Sturart to share today. How about this one:

"Be faithful to the touch of the Holy Spirit upon your soul. The Holy Spirit when free, works marvels within us."

Mary was faithful and helps us to be faithful, too.

No comments: