Search This Blog

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day



I read that a teacher can only import new knowledge and the skills to analyze and evaluate what is presented. Then the students decide for themselves the value and truth of the knowledge. . . I think that we are so influenced by our culture that we no longer are conscious of the instinctive values that have been given us; I also question whether what the culture of the United States values as good and desirable is always compatible with what Jesus teaches us.

God desires to help us to discern what it the Way, the Truth, and the Life.
Jesus tells us: "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life." Jesus is the Way to the Father; He is the Truth, but what does that mean? There is nothing false in Jesus. Yet, how do I understand the Truth? It leads me to a deeper reflection that ends in a surrender to the One who is all Truth.

Jesus is the Life. He came that we may have life and have it abundantly. He calls me to be a way, a path, that leads others to him. Am I a way to Jesus for others?
How do I live and communicate the truth? And, finally, how am I giving life to others? These are questions that have been with me for some time and invite me to reflection on this cloudy Sunday. It is also Father's day and my Dad is the first who taught me and invited me to live with integrity, honesty, and seek what is true.
I thank God for the Father he gave me and I am filled with gratitude when I remember my Dad!

No comments: