Search This Blog

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Sunday Celebration



This Sunday's Liturgy celebrates the Body and Blood of Christ and His great gift of the Eucharist. The Prayer after Commuunion struck me so I will share it here:
Lord, Jesus Christ, you give us your body and blood in the eucharist as a sign that even now we share your life. May we come to possess it completley in the kingdom where you live for ever and ever. Amen.

The Communion Antiphon is from John 6:57 - "Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood will live in me and I in him, says the Lord."
Again, we are before a mystery and my response is both gratitude for the Sacramental Presence of Christ in the Eucharist and awe that Jesus come to us so that He may live in us and we in Him. It is fitting that the Feast of the Sacred Heart follows as we are called to live in the Heart of Christ and Christ dwells in our hearts, too.

One last bit to reflect upon comes from one of the last verses in the Sequence for this feast:
Very bread, good shepherd, tend us,
Jesu, of your love befriend us,
You refresh us, you defend us,
Your eternal goodness send us
In the land of life to see.

No comments: