Search This Blog

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Feast of the Holy Trinity


In today's Gospel Jesus says that he has much more to tell us but we cannot bear it now. But when the Spirit comes, the Spirit of truth, "he will guide you to all truth." This is reason enough to keep praying "Come, Holy Spirit."
The Preface for the Feast of the Holy Trinity gives us some good theology - three Persons equal in majesty, undivided in splendor, yet one God to be adored. For me, the challenge of the mystery of the Trinity is to develop my relationship with each of the three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Every time I make the Sign of the Cross, I profess the mystery of the Holy Trinity.

Preface of Trinity Sunday
Father, all-powerful and ever-living God, we do well always and everywhere to give you thanks.
We joyfully proclaim our faith in the mystery of your Godhead. You have revealed your glory as the glory also of your Son and of the Holy Spirit: three Persons equal in majesty, undivided in splendor, yet one Lord, one God, ever to be adored in your everlasting glory.

2 comments:

The Drama Queen said...

Do you have any advice for someone who wants to get more involved in religion. I believe in God but I just really can't seem to get that joyous feeling others get from their faith in him. Is something wrong with me I really don't know what to do?

Helen said...

Nothing is wrong with you. Not all feel joy and certainly not always. I think you need to believe that God loves you with a special love; you are unique and therefore very precious to God. Let God love you and trust Him. You can desire to feel joy, but ask Jesus to help you find joy in loving God. We can do nothing. But God can do all!