Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Lord loves a cheerful giver



I am late today in writing my blog and have just come from the Eucharist at the University which was different as we are hosting deaf students this week. The Mass was signed, but made it very solemn and the silence was eloquent.

The Lord loves a cheerful giver was my word to remember today. When I am in the pool for water exercise with those wonderful women and men, I love to see them smiling and chatting so cheerfully. Sometimes you can see their faces relax as they enter the water and soon all are smiling at each other. These are women who have lived long lives and have experienced many things that have been hard to accept, but they are "cheerful givers" and loved by the Lord. I feel happy to be with them and share their joy!

I have one other song to share with you today - the words are from Janet Stuart who was an English Religious of the Sacred Heart and left a wealth of writings for the Society of the Sacred Heart - she was also the Mother General. I had this song sung for my Golden Jubilee Celebration:

Spirit seeking light and beauty,
Heart that longest for thy rest,
Soul that asketh understanding,
Only thus can ye be blest.

Through the vastness of creation,
Though your restless heart may roam,
God is all that you can long for,
God is all his creatures' home.

Taste and see Him. Feel and hear Him.
Hope and grasp His unseen hand;
Though the darkness seem to hide Him
Faith and love can understand.

God who lovest all Thy creatures,
All our hearts are known to Thee;
Lead us throughy the land of shadows
To Thy blest eternity.

No comments: