Search This Blog

Monday, June 25, 2007

Freedom


As I was wondering what to reflect on in this blog today, the word freedom popped into my head and would not go away. Freedom is such a gift and we take it for granted. I know that living under a dictatorship for years made me conscious of how I just expected to be free and had taken the great freedom that we have in the United States for granted. Now I am seeing that freedom is relative for many in our world and women often lack freedom still in all parts of the world. Jesus came to free us from so many things and gave us an example of how to live. I read today that the Beatitudes are really a type of biography of Jesus who was poor, meek, persecuted, etc. I think that we need to pray for the gift of freedom for all and to realize that a gift brings both rights and duties. We are to use our freedom to make the world a better place.

No comments: