Search This Blog

Sunday, August 7, 2016

A Mystic Heart


The focus for the fifth day was on "A Mystic Heart" and I loved the song which is "Love Me Deeply" by Briege O'Hare, OSC but inspired by one of my favorite mystics, Mechtild of Magdeburg.

"Come, Lord, love me deeply.
Love me often and love me long.
Come, Lord, love me deeply
Sing to me your lover's song.
For the more often you love me
The purer I become,
And the more deeply you love me
The more beautiful I am,
And the longer you love me,
The holier I'll be.

Yes, I'll love you deeply,
I'll love you often, I'll love you long;
I will love you deeply
As I sing my lover's song;
O yes, I'll love you deeply
For this is my desire,
Yes, I'll love you often,
I can be no other way;
And I'll love you, love you, love
For I am the Eternal One.

No comments: