Search This Blog

Monday, August 1, 2016

Back Blogging - Sharing retreat

Taken on the beach at the retreat house, Villa Maria del Mar



Thanks for all the prayers for my retreat; it was really a heavenly week. I was in the corner room on the east side of the third floor, the best room in the entire house! That was a gift and then the weather was almost perfect. We did have a few foggy mornings, but then the sun appeared. I actually spent a great deal of time in my room. This contemplative retreat had us meet for prayer at 10:00 each morning and we were given a focus for the day with some quotes to help us. I loved having one focus for each day and it was quite easy to pray all day in perfect silence. I also loved listening to the surf! I will be sharing the focus of each day with you. Unfortunately I cannot share the songs that began each session or the night prayer and sharing of the graces of each day, but I think you will find plenty to reflect upon. I am going to schedule ahead as I did say I was taking two weeks of vacation.
We always ended prayer with a sung " Be still, be still and know that I am God. Be still, be still and know that I am God."




No comments: