Search This Blog

Saturday, August 6, 2016

The Gift of Transformation


The focus for the fourth day of retreat was on "The Gift of Transformation" and I was immediately drawn to what our formation booklet says about it. I quote from it here:

"The strategies of change come from our own initiative, while transformation is always the fruit of an Encounter. It happens when we venture with our whole being into a deep, sincere encounter with God and let ourselves be encountered by God, just as we are, with nothing in our lives remaining outside of this encounter."

I think I mostly prayed over this and God's transforming love in my own life.
The song used was "When I Pray" by Daniel Nahmod.
"When I pray, I feel my heart go deeper,
my heart go deeper into my God.

Right here, right now, right where I am, I pray.
Right here, right now, right where I am I pray.

We also considered pray from the "butterfly effect" - it was a good day to consider how God is at work transforming us and our world.

No comments: