Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

A Sacred Pause

Tree overlooking the ocean that is one of the beautiful gifts of Villa Maria del Mar, a real God tree!

The first day of retreat was just to have us appreciate "A Sacred Pause" and the song was "You Bid Me Come" by Kathy Sherman.

"You bid me come, simply to be in your loving presence
No need for words, just as I am; nothing to do but rest in you."
We were invited to pause, to quiet our soul.

I want to share the two last lines of a quote from Thomas Merton that I love:
"I am completely addicted to the realization that just being is enough." That is a good kind of addiction to cultivate as least now that I am retired! And here is a Spanish proverb to reflect on:
"How beautiful it is to do nothing and then to rest afterward."

I went back to Matthew 11:28: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

No comments: