Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

If Only...



The General Chapter is almost over and we will soon have our delegates home and perhaps several will visit with us. At least we will have our own community director, Sister Clare Pratt, to give us a clear and accurate account of these weeks. Our website has just teased us in wanting to know more, but we have had pictures posted and daily updates. I understand that one needs to wait until all is decided before sharing some of the discussions, but I am interested in hearing all that I can about the Chapter.
In the meantime, as I am scheduling my blog ahead and hoping that what I find interesting is also of interest to my readers.

This is from Pam's musings but I think it would be good to reflect on it today.


  "If only you had been here, my brother would not have died."
                  If Only..
                 _______
When we are let down, disappointed,
saddened because we couldn't prevent
a loss, a death - we want God
to know, to DO something!
Where were you when we needed you?
"I am with you always."is the word
that echoes in the still air.
Do I believe that in times of loss,
of disappointment, of sorrow?
I do not want finality, I want
a miracle!      "Do you believe?"
I believe, help my unbelief.
You were there all the time!

No comments: