Search This Blog

Monday, August 15, 2016

Feast of the Assumption of Our Lady



Today is a beautiful feast. When I was at the Trinita in Rome, the community kept an old French custom of putting gifts in front of Our Lady and including the key of the house. It was a way of consecrating the home to Mary. I have no key now, but think I may put my Journal in front of Mary to ask her to bless my year. I guess putting a calendar and laptop might also be a good idea.

I am settled and now trying to renew my efforts to keep the goals I set for myself to work on last year. The most important one is the first: to give priority to the interior life." I will always need to work at this, but Oakwood is certainly a place that helps me for prayer.
We have so much to pray for and God does not need words to know what is in our hearts.



No comments: