Search This Blog

Saturday, November 5, 2016

A year of prayer

Back in 2006, we were given a booklet and asked to make a year of prayer. This booklet survived my purge that destroyed all my 35 Journals before the move. I had forgotten it was among my books; a few days ago I found it and marvel that I wrote so much inside - there are a few quotes or sketches that were to help trigger our reflection and prayer. I must have been in a mood to write that year and now find it helpful to go back and read what I wrote. It is helping me to see the signposts in my mapping of my own interior life; it is also inspiring me to thank for so many graces.

Tomorrow we will have a visit from our new Mother General who has been our Provincial - until October 20. Barb Dawson was elected at the Chapter and will take over her new duties in Rome in December. It will be good to see her here and be able to thank her for the service she has given and will continue to give the Society. She is a great example for all of us.

No comments: