Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Each of us has an unique purpose and call


 Today's reflection is taken from Becky Eldredge's The Inner Chapel. I have spoken about her book before, but she has a reflection in "Give Us This Day" that I want to share with you. I will just try to condense the thoughts that mean the most to me. First, I love the idea that each of us have a unique purpose and call. Each of us has a special way we relate to Jesus in prayer. Then she quotes from Pope Francis' Gaudete et Exsultate:

"Each saint is a mission, planned by the Father to reflect and embody, at a specific moment in history, a certain aspect of the Gospel." 

Now, we are not yet canonized saints and may never have that official recognition, bu we do have a mission to reflect and embody a certain aspect of the Gospel.
My Westwood Community of six pray together every evening and we shared what aspect of the Gospel we were called to reflect and embody. It was a great sharing and we are going to contine doing some deeper sharing about how we see each other. 
I will share more on this tomorrow, I hope. It is always time to be somewhere else or so it seems to me!

No comments: