Search This Blog

Sunday, April 25, 2021

Fourth Sunday of Easter


 Today is Good Shepherd Sunday and it is also the 25th of the month and a day we pray for vocations. I am sure Jesus is still calling young people to Religious life, but so much going on in their lives makes it more difficult to hear the quiet invitation of Jesus to join Him in His mission of saving souls and bringing all of creation into fulfillment. 

The Collect today: "Almighty ever-living God, lead us to a share in the joys of heaven, so that the humble flock may reach where the brave Shepherd has gone before, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever."

The Gospel is one of my favorites, John 10:11-18

"Jesus said:/I am the good shepherd. A good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep....

I am the good shepherd and I know mine and mine know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I will lay down my life for the sheep....

Then Jesus says that there will be one flock and one shepherd...we must continue to pray for this.


No comments: