Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2021

The ocean always speaks to me of God


 I miss the ocean and hope to be in retreat in August right on the ocean. It is a guided imagery retreat being given at my favorite place, Villa Maria del Mar. I am really looking forward to it.

I wrote a blog for today and then erased it by mistake, but maybe it was not what God wanted me to say today. I am finding it difficult to put into words what I think the Spirit may be pushing me to say. I am falling back to the author of The Cloud of Unknowing. At one point he defines contemplation as "the awareness of God, knwn and loved at the core of one's being.

The author says to the one he is writing for: " Your whole life now must be one of longing, if you are to achieve perfection. And this longing must be in the depths of our will, put there by God, with your consent." 

I think we all have this longing for God. Let us cultivate it. God does not need our thoughts but just wants to love us! 

No comments: