Search This Blog

Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Pharisee and the Publican

This Sunday's Gospel has me recognizing how much I am like the Pharisee in the parable Jesus told about the two men who went to the temple to pray. The truth is that I know I am like that Pharisee outside of prayer, but when I go to pray, I identify more with the publican who only could say "Be merciful to me, a sinner."
Today I want to share something I thought worthwhile on perseverance. It is copied from the Internet e-mails I get advertising books and giving some inspirational quotes.


Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which they have overcome. -Booker T. Washington
Tree
If someone were to ask me to pick one word to best describe any success I've had in my life....I wouldn't hesitate; the word would be perseverance.

There have been a lot of potholes, detours and roadblocks along the way. I can only wish that I had BJ Gallagher's book to provide inspiration as I fought through my times of adversity. It is terrific!

The table of contents will give you a little "snapshot" of what it's all about:

Introduction


• Persist no matter what.
• Endure discomfort.
• Request help.
• Steadfastly hold on to your beliefs and values.
• Envision triumph.
• Very consistently keep at it.
• Embrace adversity as your teacher.
• Refuse to give up.
• Enjoy and celebrate every tiny bit of progress!

Today, I'd like to share a chapter in The Best Way Out is Always Through. Enjoy!

No comments: