Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

We are part of the universe...

This morning I was praying over the document of the Society of the Sacred Heart's Chapter of 2008. I think the part on community drew me today as I am thinking of the importance of relationships. As Religious of the Sacred Heart we are called to follow Jesus in community..."Deeply rooted in our relationship with Jesus, we reaffirm that life in community is a fundamental expression of our spirituality."

"Community is a basic way of organizing ourselves, a space where we take decisions together for our lives and mission. Community on all levels is both mission and for mission."

These quotes are worth pondering and go with the homily that I used in part for the community prayer Sunday night from Pope Francis' on "family" - It was the day of the family but doubt that most of us were aware of that. Anyway, it is important to pray together as families; I think it is even more important that our communities pray together. We try on Sundays to do this but many manage to be together in prayer each day. I guess the most important thing is to be deeply rooted in our relationship with Jesus.

No comments: