Search This Blog

Monday, October 21, 2013

What am I grateful for today?

As I begin this new week, I am thinking of all the things that I am grateful for and especially the little Monday morning joys. My clothes are in the washer; I had a longer time for prayer early this morning and realized again how much God loves us. We are really His beloved and He takes delight in us! We are so loved and cherished and are called to give that love to others. I just am so grateful that I have lived these lines from St. John of the Cross: "Put love where there is no love and you will find love."  I am grateful for the many ways I can show my love for others but, most of all, I am grateful for the tremendous, infinite, unconditional love of God! So, I am skipping the gym today and that is not good, but sometimes there are other things that seem more important. I need to write to some, cook for my community, and dust bookcases today and I am grateful that I am able to do all these things with joy! I just feel grateful for the gift of life!

No comments: