Search This Blog

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Advent begins tomorrow


Advent is a short season of only four Sundays before Christmas. It is a time of preparation and celebrates the coming of Jesus into our world on the first feast of the nativity; the coming of Jesus into our hearts in a special way when we call him and are prepared to receive him; and the third coming is when we will meet Jesus in the final judgment. Now is the time to prepare. Jesus is coming to us as a tiny baby; an infant who is weak, vulnerable, dependent on others for everything. He wants to be with us so let us pray and plan for an Advent season that will prepare our hearts to receive him with love. What do I need to do to prepare my heart? Is it a peaceful place? Or is it noisy? Is there too much interior chatter? Or is my heart too full of clutter? How will I prepare this Advent for his coming?
I shall be going up to see my spiritual director at the Cenacle in Gainesville and so will not be writing my blog next week. I suspect I will be off the blog from Tuesday to the second Sunday of Advent, December 5. A mini retreat is a good way to begin Advent and I look forward to these days of silent prayer. Please pray for me and I will share when I return.
I have added the book I spoke about the day before Thanksgiving. It is The Gratitude Factor: Enhancing Your Life through Grateful Living by Shelton so look for it on the right side.

No comments: