Search This Blog

Friday, November 12, 2010

Lord, teach us to be generous...



Yesterday I promised this prayer that is in the Novena Booklet:

"Lord God, Master of our lives, you led St. Philippine Duchesne from the silence of the cloister to an intense apostolic life. Through her intercession enable us to respond to your call with the same generosity which she drew from the Heart of Jesus, your Son, our Lord, who lives with you and the Holy Spirit, one God forever and ever. Amen. (Then our novena of confidence)
Lord Jesus, through the intercession of St. Rose Philippine Duchesne, to your Sacred Heart I confide...(here I am putting my friend from Scotland, but you may add your own intentions, too) Only look...Then do what Your Heart inspires...Let Your Heart decide... I count on It...I trust in it...I throw myself on its mercy...Lord, Jesus! You will not fail me!..."


The invocation from the Litany of the Sacred Heart today is "To Your close union with the heavenly Father, I unite myself."

No comments: